Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pregnant Man Gives Birth To Daughter. (Photos)

33-year-old Chris-Rehs-Dupin surprised both family and friends after he got pregnant, gave birth and even
breastfed his daughter, all because his wife could not.
Chris was formerly known as Christina as he was born a female. He met his wife Amy while they were both working at a Children's summer camp. In October 2012, they got into a civil partnership, and in 2013, they became legally married, and wanted to have a family, but Amy couldn't get pregnant. Chris, who was a pre-op transgender decided to carry the child, and after 5 attempt of IUI treatment using sperm from an anonymous donor, and one miscarriage, he finally gave birth to Hayden on 20th December, 2014.
Chris explained how his life changed after meeting Amy.


“When I went to university in 2007, I knew I wasn’t a woman and it was an easy realisation to make. I didn’t want to take hormones, because I was happy with who I was and who I was presenting myself as, but I have always been very open with Amy.”

 “By the time I met him, I knew the issue of his gender was at the forefront of his mind. And, eventually, he became more masculine and lived as a man. Chris was my soul mate. I loved everything about him. It didn’t matter what he looked like.”
Speaking on their unusual arrangement, Amy said: "There was no question who would carry the baby. I couldn’t wait to be pregnant", said Amy.


She further explained how they managed to make the decision on who would carry the baby.

"We went through a lot of fertility treatments, until we finally reached a point where we needed to make a decision as to whether we were going to do more medical intervention or if we were going to switch bodies," Amy said. “We were fortunate enough to have two uteruses. So, after a lot of thought and emotion and difficulties we switched to Chris".
 
Chris further explained why he did what he did, and that he wanted to be a role model to his daughter.

“I knew it would make me a better and a happier person, a whole person, to start a medical transition. When my daughter came I knew I didn’t want her to be afraid of who she is and it’s important for me to model that behaviour,” he said.

While he was pregnant, his breast began to grow again, this was caused by the hormones released during pregnancy. Chris wasn't happy about it but later accepted it, and had to breastfeed the baby when Amy couldn't breastfeed the child enough due to insufficient breast milk.
In January 2016, Amy became pregnant and finally gave birth to Milo, through Caesarean Section.


Chris who hopes to one day have a breast reconstruction surgery, but not a bottom surgery, said he and Amy would like to have a third child someday.

“We would love to have a third child. I hope to have breast reconstruction surgery, but will not have a bottom surgery, or have my ovaries removed, so I haven’t ruled out carrying it. We’ll have to fight over it this time," Chris said. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment